Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 22, 2008

Potty Training part 2

From Mummy:
Finally decided to continue with Elliot's potty training since the last one happened a couple of months ago. Reason being,

1) his school actually can bring them to the toilet if they are on pull up pants, and I think being influenced by his peers might actually speed things up abit - however in order to do so, I need to make sure he can pee/poo in the potty at home.

2) he seems to be able to tell me when he needs to pee or poo

3) he seems interested to use the potty

On top of all these, I really wanna save some diaper $ since meimei is arriving soon. I cannot imagine buying 2 different sizes of diapers everytime i do my grocery. And they are not cheap. A pack in US would cost abt USD19-21 and that can only last 2 weeks. And Elliot uses 2 different types, a regular and night diaper as the regular diaper cannot hold all his pee till the next morning.

So anyway.. i started putting him on the potty in his cloth training pants, and expected '"accidents" to happen. And it did.

On the first day, i put him on the potty every 30 mins. He wetted all 6 of his cloth training pants and actually needed more. He peed on the carpet 3 times, the other 3 times on the tiles. Thank god it was easy to clean and didn't leave any stain. So conclusion, first day of training.... NOT SUCCESSFUL.

On the 2nd day, by mid day he wet 4 of his cloth training pants. But after that he got it! He was able to tell me every single time he needs to pee and never wet any training pants since then. :) I am really very proud of him.

Of course things didn't happen so easily if not for the snacks i offered him whenever he sits on the potty. A lot of times, its the snacks he is after and not the need to use the potty. Also, he can only pee and not poo in the potty. Seems like its alot harder for him. So now I am off to thinking of other strategy to make him feel comfortable to poo in the potty. I forced him to sit on the potty once, and I think it mgive him nightmares at night :P its that bad... so I shall wait till he is more ready which is dunno when, before i implement my other strategies.

No comments: