Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 31, 2008

That day...

From Mummy:

That day, it was 30th October 2008, a Thursday and Elliot was having a Halloween Party in class and I was supposed to help the Mom who was the volunteer for the event. I wanted to be there very badlyas it was the first party Elliot is attending in school and I wanted to be there for him. Though I was having contractions, which is very normal, some would call it Braxton Hicks, which means fake contractions, and it usually occurs near the due date, Its not painful, just minor discomfort.

After I got home from the party, the contraction continues and was getting closer... and when it doesn't go away and interval between each contraction gets closer... it could mean labour is about to start. I was still contemplating if I should go to the hospital or wait, and maybe if I can have my dinner before I go in. As usually I won't be allowed to eat till I delivered... and who knows how long I would have to wait, when I had a 16hrs + labour when I had Elliot... 16 hrs without food is a torture for a pregnant woman and I am still considered pregnant as the baby was not out yet.

Anyway... I decided to go to the hospital when the contraction was about 5mins apart.. finally...Finally after much persuasion from my friend on msn. And yes, I was still able to msn at that time. When we were about to leave... we couldn't start the car and spent another 20-30mins trying to find help.

Reach the hospital at 530pm and the nurses check on my contraction and I did need to be hospitalise as I was going into labour soon. After all the Eeee and Ahhh... Meimei Emily was finally borned on 31st October 2008, 0030am.

2 comments:

Double Ls and Mommy said...

Post Emily Meimei's latest photo, I wanna see!

elliot said...

i'm trying, got tons of backdated pix n video i need to update first